cypress

cypress
cypress

Sunday, August 25, 2013

In a village


In a village
They toiled throughout the day
And slept in pensive mood in the night
Suddenly a sound stroked  them
It was like beating drums
 But it was too slow to be heard
They were afraid of it
They thought some evil spirit
Was there in the distant haunted hut
Suddenly it stopped
 And silence spread up there
They could not sleep then
Second day I was with them
They warned me not to go alone
And not to do any adventure
I did hear  the  sound in the mid night
 Took a  stick in one hand and torch in other
  Moved spellbound towards the sound
Walking half a mile I was stunned to see
 Two branches of a  tree   
Mingling and moving apart
 With that typical sound heard by villagers
As if a vampire was playing upon a harp
That was the sound of  tree"s branches
in the windy night
Astonished I  returned 
and  fact was before them 
The fear had  gone for ever .
Asha

4 comments: